Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We have a new plan

Well, I saw our infertility doctor yesterday and we have a new game plan.  It stinks that so far nothing has worked but onward we must go.  So they new plan is called mini-stim IVF.  Here is the link that describes it in detail.  http://www.infertilitysolutions.com/mini-ivf.html  I am just glad that we haven't run out of options yet.  I know some people would go through all this, spend all this money and do not end up with a baby.  That is heartbreaking.  So when are we going to start you ask???? Maybe early next year.  We have to save up the money for this and get ready mentally.  I will also need to be on my oral meds for a couple of months before we try.


I will be taking something called DHEA.  Anybody heard of it?  Studies have found that women being treated for infertility who also received supplements of DHEA were three times more likely to conceive than women being treated without the additional drug.  It's supposed to increase to quality of the eggs.  But there is a down side of course.  Masculinization may occur in women, including acne, greasy skin, facial hair, hair loss, increased sweating, weight gain around the waist, or a deeper voice.  I'm gonna take it and see what happens.  If I start looking like a mogwai, (HAHA)I will stop.  But you never know until you try.


I will also be on Coenzyme Q10.  This one is harder to explain but it helps give the egg the energy it needs.  You can google it if you like.


Plus I will be on birth control.  It still cracks me up that in order for me to get pregnant, I need to be on birth control.


My doctor says it shouldn't be this hard to get me pregnant. I'm young, healthy, have enough eggs and have had a successful pregnancy already.  My body just doesn't want to respond to the medications. I still feel that this is the path God wants me to take.


So does anyone have questions???????

1 comment: