Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Needs vs. wants

This weekend I had so much fun!  I got to attend the wedding of a really good friend.  It was amazing!  Plus it was great to see some of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time.  The ceremony was intimate and right on the lake.  They did something really cool and it was called the "ring warming".  I had never heard of this before.  Each guest gets to hold the rings, say a silent prayer/blessing for the marriage, and then pass it to the next guest.  I thought that was really cool!


I don't tend to get overly emotional at weddings until someone else starts to cry.  I was fine until the bride started to get emotional while saying her vows.  That's when I started to get teary eyed.  I thought back to my own wedding, how nervous and excited I was.  I love my husband more today than when we got married.  I realized how happy I was.  I may be going through some things that are tough and draining, but I am truely happy.  I have a wonderful and supportive husband, a beautiful daughter and a family that will be there no matter what.  I am in good health and so is everyone else in my family.  My life is not perfect and is not going as I had thought is would, but I am happy.  I may not have everything that I WANT, but I have everything that I NEED!  And that's what is really important.  It can be very hard to tell the difference sometimes but its essential that you do.  We can't waste time chasing things that are really just distractions.  Focus on what is really important.  I pray that you all have experienced  the joy and happiness that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment